There was a bakery at this address between the late 19th century and the late 1970s at least. According to directories published between 1895 and 1921 this was Frederick Kemp's bakery. However by 1923 it belonged to Samuel Weinbaum. Finally in the early 1970s, the baker was one A. Lewis. By then the Daren sign had disappeared underneath one for Hovis as shown on a picture taken in 1976. This would have been in line with Ranks Ltd's decision to drop the Daren brand in the 1960s or early 1970s and to concentrate on its more successful Hovis brand. However all traces of the sign for Hovis were removed when the Daren sign was restored.
Location: Stepney Green