The Crédit Commercial de France (CCF) was founded in 1917 when the Banque Suisse et Française merged with several smaller banks. Further mergers took place over the following years and by the end of the 1920s the CCF had become France's 6th largest bank. Expansion continued after the Second World War. In 1981, together with banks Suez, Paribas and Société Générale, the CCF was nationalised by the socialist government. However by 1986, with the right back in power, these four banks were privatised.
The CCF was bought by HSBC in 2000. The name disappeared five years later when it was rebranded HSBC France.
Location: Place de l'Europe, Blaye, Gironde / Pictures taken in May 2012