Actually there are two versions of the advert for Renault's motor oil on this wall.
The Société Anonyme des Huiles Renault was founded in 1911 by car manufacturer Louis Renault. It offered a wide range of lubricants not only for motor vehicles but also for boats and planes.
This is one of many ghost signs that can still be seen along the former Route Nationale 10 (N10), the trunk road that ran from Paris to Hendaye on the Spanish border, via Bordeaux. However in order to see them, one has to leave the many by-passes and newer dual carriageway sections of the road and follow the old route through the centre of villages.
Location: former RN10, Montlieu-la-Garde, Charente-Maritime