Thursday 31 May 2012

Knitting wools, Exeter

I first noticed this ghost sign from the train as it was leaving Exeter St Thomas. A couple of days later I went back to take some pictures. Unfortunately it is largely obscured by the building next door.


The Warehouse For
Childrens
Knitting Wools

There is no information online about this store. The design of this ghost sign could suggest it was painted in the 1950s or early 1960s.

On the picture below I brightened the part in the shadow. The result is not perfect -by then it was drizzling quite a bit- but it gives an idea of what the ghost sign looks like.

Location: Cowick Street, Exeter, Devon / Picture taken in April 2012

2 comments:

Sam Roberts (Ghostsigns) said...

You could try some of this guy's techniques to snap some of these hard to reach ghostsigns...

Sebastien Ardouin said...

I usually take several pictures from different angles and of different parts but I only do it if I am alone. If someone's with me I'll take a couple of shots and that will be it. It wouldn't be very nice to let them wait for ages, especially if it's raining as it was on that occasion and there is nothing of particular interest for them around.